There are a lot of recipes for pickled eggs, and to be honest, i haven't really mastered any yet. But with a yard full of laying hens and ducks, i'd better get started, so here's my initial recipe and i'll probably adjust it over time as i get more practice in.
|24|| ||hard boiled eggs (duck or chicken)|
|4||c||cider or malt vinegar|
|1||chunk||ginger root, sliced|
|3|| ||dried chili peppers|
- Hard-boil and peel two dozen duck or chicken eggs.
- In a saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil.
- Put eggs into two 1qt jars (12 in each).
- Add remaining ingredients to the jars.
- Remove vinegar from heat and pour over eggs to fill the jars.
- Store in a dark place for one month, then eat.